This i believe: A dream interrupted!

Corey - Mount Sterling, Kentucky

I believe a dream can be interrupted. Everyday I drempt that my band(Kill Chamber) would make it to the top, not for money but for the love of music. Having several thousand fans screaming your names would completely purify my soul, and tell me that what music we made had actually influenced people.

After playing for a few years, having shows a few times a month it really seemed like we could get use to this wonderful thing. It truly seemed like our name was getting out across kentucky and everyone we had met along this journey had loved our music. People from different counties even wanted us to play at their venues. Everyone in our band(at the time) seemed really stoked and couldn’t wait to play for these new fans.

But what was a dream was slowly being interrupted. After those few great years, we had to get rid of our guitarist for many reasons I don’t feel like sharing, but it seemed like after he left, the band just didn’t have that pride we once had. Band memebers had to get jobs, our guitar player started school, it seemed like there wasnt much time for the band as if life put a hold on it. I felt like the music had died in our souls. Day after day it even seemed like the band was just spreading apart from each other. I hoped that I wouldn’t have to see the day our band would split up but unfortunatly I did.

After trying several new guitar players, it just seemed like is was useless. We couldnt find a guitar player we liked, arguments in the band had started breaking out about what we were gonna do. It seemed like tensions were rising and no one could stand to speak to each other and thats when it happened!

The day I was told, it seemed like the light of my life was crushed. After dealing with the depression I felt, and the anger that’s still deep inside of me, I realized that maybe this band wasn’t for me. Maybe I should move on with my life and try to find skilled players I liked. Maybe then it will lighten my world up and make the dream become a reality, but until then A DREAM HAS BEEN INTERRUPTED!!!