julianne - Algonac, Michigan

My busia is the most important person in my life. All the tough things in life she’s been through, she still hasn’t given up in life. My busia is defiantly one of the most important people in my entire life.

When my busia was a little girl her mother died. She had about eleven sisters and brothers. Her dad couldn’t keep all of them so he kept the oldest daughter an put all the others in a n orphanage. Imagine having your mother dead and then your dad just puts you in an orphanage. Tough life. But her life changes when her oldest sister (the one her dad kept) turned 18 and bought all her sisters and brothers out of the orphanage. She was like a mother to all of them.

Then my busia had 3 kids. They were one of the most important things that happened to her. My busia’s husband, Stanley Ryniak died after many years of marriage. That is two important people who have died in her life, her mom and husband.

Then, her kids had kids, which made her so happy to be a grandma, and before you know it, her grandchildren had kids and now she had great grandchildren.

My busia would go to church with us and in the middle of church she would always ask us if we wanted Mentos. We would always say, “Thanks Bush!”

We visited her a lot. She lived right next to my grandma. Busia had a bird named Mandy. Always, she would have a million pictures of all of the cousins.

Then, my busia started to see things, like she would see kids in her room (but there really wasn’t anybody in her room.)

Everyone got worried. The doctors said she had dementia. Which meant she couldn’t really remember things, is confused and sees things.

So Busia had to go live in a nursing home. Which means we wouldn’t see her as much. But at least got to take Mandy. Everything was fine and then something happened. All my cousins, uncles, aunts and grandparents were all at my grandma’s house. Busia called and said Mandy died. So my mom rushed out and bought Busia a bird that looked exactly like Mandy. She named it Mandy the 2nd.

It was a normal day and my grandma called my mom and said, “Busia was rushed to the hospital. They think she had a stroke.” My mom rushed out and they found out that it was just dementia getting worse. My busia is still in the hospital at this very moment.

I wish that my busia would just go already and be with her husband she hasn’t seen in forever.

My busia is the most important person in my life. She inspires me to be just like her. Not giving up even after all the deaths of 3 important people and animals, her mom, husband and Mandy her bird. I love my busia.