I belive in practice

Will - mount sterling, Kentucky
Themes: sports, work

I will never forget the last time I had to make a difficult decision. Last summer I was playing in the semifinal game in my summer league. I was up to bat in the last inning and my team was down by one. While I was trying to concentrate I was also very nervous, my team was cheering me on, the crowd was yelling and I was just standing waiting for the pitch to be delivered.

Now that you know my setting lets go back a little while. It is now the beginning of the season and I am at my first practice. I have met my teammates and I am ready to get practice started. The whole 2 months that we had to get practice in, and also the basic rules for the younger kids and the first comers, I had decided to get a little extra practice in at my own sake just to make me a better player. I had played catch with my dad and took swings at my self training module that I have. If had not of done this throughout the season my reality might not be so real.

Now let’s travel back to the “serenity” of the ball park. I am up to plate, with my to best friends on base waiting in antagonizing anxiety. Here comes the first pitch, Ball yells the umpire. I’m thinking “come on.” I’m starting to get mad now because I’m thinking that there pitching around me. But before I know it I seize the opportunity of the next pitch and connect my bat with the ball like a perfect jigsaw puzzle.

Today I now believe in practicing. If I were not to follow out

Practicing as a daily habit, as I stated before my reality might not

be so real. I still believe in this statement “very much” I never

forget to practice its now stained in my mind, and I do not forget.