Roller Coaster

Photis - Wrightstown, New Jersey
Themes: change

Roller Coaster

Every now and then when you feel like your life couldn’t get much better, you get a reality check and you get really disappointed. It’s when these reality checks happen that you realize that life isn’t fair and you have to move on and stop complaining. You don’t always get what you want in life and you have to deal with it. Life is full of surprises, and that’s what makes it so great. We don’t know what’s coming, that’s what’s exciting about this roller coaster ride we all go through.

I learned this the hard way unfortunately. It was a Saturday nearly a year ago and my uncle that was about to move to Cyprus after retirement and he happen to be in the area so he stopped y the diner and luckily I was there with my parents. We were saying our goodbyes and all of a sudden, I remembered it was my friend’s birthday party that night. It was about an hour before the party started that I realized this. I begged and begged for my mom to take me home so I could get ready and then take me to the party. The only thing that came out her mouth was NO! I was so mad that I was about to grab a table and just flip it over. I was especially angered because we only live about 2 minutes away from my diner and she couldn’t take the time to drive me home.

Though I missed my friend’s birthday, I learned a big lesson. LIFE ISN’T FAIR! I am disappointed that my friend (Juan) moved to Moorestown and I didn’t get to go to his last birthday in Mansfield. I also learned that we all should respect our parents’ decisions because they have good reasons to decide what they do. My mom had a good reason to say no to me. It was more important to say goodbye to a dear friend than to take her son to his friend’s party. I eventually learned to respect her choice and that it was partially my fault that I didn’t go in the first place. This was just one of the loops and turns in my roller coaster life, and just like the others, I keep on riding.