God’s Guidance

Elizabeth - Gainesville, Georgia

“This I Believe”

Does putting on a football helmet make you a football player? No. So, does going to church every Sunday make you a Christian? Wrong again. People often have the misconception that if you belong to a church, you are automatically a Christian. This is not true, and I have many reasons to prove it. From miracles, to being saved, to the true meaning of love, I will show you what I believe.

Some people call them coincidences, some call them miracles, but I call them the workings of God. It’s truly amazing how He sends certain people at certain times to affect our lives! For example, a man was once in a very bad wreck, and two of the passersby happened to be paramedics. If they wouldn’t have come by and seen him he would have easily died. God has a plan for all of us, and all of the talents He has blessed us with. We do not always understand the situations God has put us in, but we just have to trust that he has a bigger plan. In the end, all the pieces of the puzzle of life will fall together.

No one is born saved. You can go through your whole life and not be saved! Most people who go to church are not technically saved, but claim to be. You can attend church every Sunday and believe in God, but underestimate him at the same time. Until you realize what He does for us and put your faith in him one-hundred percent, you are just talking the talk. Once you accept him, I believe through personal experience that your life will turn around. Then, and only then, will you be able to walk the walk with Christ, hand in hand.

I love you. I love that. I love her. Love is one of the most over-used terms in America. The amount of love God pours into us is indescribable. Why else would he forgive us for our infinite mistakes? Because of one simple truth, he loves us unconditionally. You can not prove your love more powerfully than sacrificing your only son for our well being.

I do believe in God and the Christian faith because from day to day I witness his power. I have seen miracles through God’s work and people being saved. I know that He loves us very much and leads us through each day in His name. This I believe. Amen.