Names are symbols of the future, are you in that category?

De`Noia - Harrisburg, North Carolina

De’Noia isn’t a name that is as common as Ashley or Erica. It is either mispronounced with an “l” or an “r.” The spelling D-E-N-O-I-A has no random letters in it. Once it is pronounced right, the next statement is “Oh, that’s pretty.” I respond “thanks, my mom was creative in the right way!” meaning she contemplated the name in order to give me a gift that would match my future unique personality. She combined a science lab with the name of Denoyer with the girly part if “oia” to match my sister’s name Joia. I tell myself that she wanted our names to rhyme as if we were twins. Go figure that people mistake us as twins in appearance. Our voices are even identical.

Being named after a science lab is ironic because I do very well in my science classes. The class that I excel in is Chemistry. It all started with Mrs. Rhines, my chemistry teacher. She made this unbelievably hard subject relatable to me. She explained real life situations with a Chemistry perspective. This fascinated me to the point that I became obsessed with this subject. I wanted to know every side, note, and key fact that would explain aspects of the world to me.

I gradually start to contemplate my future, with Chemistry driving that vision. I realize that Chemistry should be my major in college. Even though science majors are the most extensive ones, I want to take that risk. This will lead me to a medical track. By then, I will choose to be an Anesthesiologist. As a doctor, I will help patients by determining the medicine for operations and conditions. To achieve these lofty goals, I decide that I will have to take AP Chemistry.

I took AP Chemistry with the approval of my first Chemistry teacher. Although it is currently an extremely difficult class, I notice that I still have a passion for the subject. I still want to go to college and study Chemistry. This indication has made me aware that as tough as it gets, I will persevere. It is my goal to make this subject adjust to my future. Some might call it ironic but I choose to believe in destiny. My passion, I believe began with a simple piece of paper that is named “Denoyer” a science lab company.