Abortion

Natalie - Clovis, California
Themes: birth, morality

“This I Believe”

I believe abortion should be illegal. Abortion is murder in disguise; if murder is wrong, abortion should be wrong too. Abortion is horrible; here are a few reasons why.

Abortion is wrong. The crimes against women are wrong, of course, but it still doesn’t give an excuse to end the life of an unborn child. Abortion sounds harmless at first, until you are told the details. It is not just “ending the life of an unwanted baby” it’s more than that. It is a big political issue!

Abortion hurts. The mother usually doesn’t realize what she has done until she gets to see her actual child. Mothers of aborted babies feel very emotional after the surgery. There have been suicide cases related to abortion

Abortion matters. Abortion has been around for a long time. In the 70’s over thousands of babies were killed through abortion. Even if there was a CHILD who was involved in a case of rape, the child could put the baby up for adoption, or give it to a mother who isn’t able to have children. The baby could’ve grown up to be someone great! The fetus is NOT the blueprint of a mother’s body, it is a living human being! The president and other people are already talking about the next generation, it doesn’t make sense if they believe in abortion! Kids are the future! The baby has as much as a right to be on the earth as anyone else.

In conclusion, I think abortion is wrong. I feel it should be illegal so then maybe, just maybe, the world would be a better place. It makes no sense to kill a baby who hasn’t taken its first breath, or walked its first step, or spoken its first word. I hope to make a difference.