The Treatment of Children

Juliana - Ishpeming, Michigan
Themes: parenthood

The Treatment of Children

I believe that children are not treated as well as they should be. I have one son, and I love him so

much that I couldn’t treat him poorly if I wanted to. He is the best thing that ever happened to me, and

I am the lucky one that gets to raise him, watch him grow, and turn into a man. This special task has

been bestowed upon me and I have to make sure that I do it right. You could really mess a person up by

belittling, hitting, discouraging, and all around being mean. This I know. Why would anyone do that to

tiny little people that can’t even defend themselves? Why don’t you have what I do and want to protect

them at all costs? I would lay down my life for my child in a heartbeat. No questions asked.

There are some people out there that just shouldn’t have children. You need a license for just about

everything. To drive a car, to hunt, you need a license to catch a stupid fish, but any idiot can have a

child. These people usually aren’t even involved in their children’s lives. That’s not the case with me and

Tristan. I’ve coached him in sports since he was four, been his class parent, brought him to the park

about a thousand times, and had about a million play dates. This is just to name a few things that I have

done with my son and I have enjoyed every minute of it. How could anyone not want to participate in

these types of activities with your child? It was so exciting when he got his first hit in baseball, made his

first basket in basketball, got his first girlfriend, I couldn’t imagine not being there to see these things. It

has definitely ubeen the experience of a lifetime.

All I know is that I would do anything to assure that my son is raised properly and he is happy and

healthy. I make sure that he knows how wonderful he is, and how much he is loved, respected, and

appreciated. You can’t keep telling someone that he or she is fat, stupid, or anything like that without

that person finally thinking that yes, this is true, I am fat and stupid. These children are our future, why

would anyone one want to harm their own future? You might be taking care of them now, but who do

you think is going to be taking care of you when you’re old?