Family

Lauren - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Credo: Family

The heart of my beliefs in family and how important it is, are because of my parents. I am a strong believer that you are who you are because of your parents. They have made me who I am today. The qualities that I carry with me everyday and that are valued the most are love, respect, support and trust.

Tom and Rita were the best parents anyone could ask for. They taught me how to love and receive love in return. More importantly, it was the love they showed me and toward each other that really made me understand the meaning of the word. They taught me to accept love unconditionally and to cherish that love. They taught me to trust only the people who are close to me and to respect everyone. I am also a strong believer if come from a strong solid foundation it will make you a much grounded person in the future. Because of their guidance and support throughout the years, I am in Philadelphia pursuing my dream to become a chef and open my own restaurant in NYC. They couldn’t be happier that I decided to go The Art Institute of Philadelphia because they are from Philadelphia and that’s where their roots are. They helped me make all of this possible and every other choice I have made throughout my life. Moving to Philadelphia and being on my own, everything that I have learned thus far has to be put into effect. The strong qualities I hold within myself are because of them.

I am who I am because of my parents and a few tricks I learned along the way. I am a strong, loving and very driven person. I owe all of those qualities to them and very thankful everyday to have them in my life. This is who I am today. Family is necessary. Love and peace is necessary.