MIricles can change the world

Caitlyn - Ben Lomond, California

Everyone has something in life that they will believe in until they die. Everyone thinks what you believe doesn’t actually happen. I believe in miracles. I believe that someone in heaven or on earth will make these miracles happen.

The reason why I believe in miracles is because of my family. My mom got cancer when I was in second grade. This changed my life so much. During the cancer I almost never saw my mom because she was going through chemotherapy. It was like not having a mom for a whole year. My mom had a ninety percent chance of dying and she had to fight through the horrible cancer with all the strength that she had. My mom never gave up and always lived everyday to the fullest no matter how bad the day was.

As if that wasn’t enough two weeks after my mom was diagnosed with cancer my dad lost his job and his company stopped medical insurance completely. As my dad was looking for a job he had to take on a job at Radio Shack to make some money for the family.

As my mom went through chemotherapy she had a great oncologist that took care of her and I knew she was in great hands. He used to say to my mom live everyday to the fullest because you never know when your time is up. A week after one of my mom’s appointments with him she got a call from a “chemo friend” saying that her doctor had passed away. As a young girl I looked up to him and losing him was heartbreaking. He used to tell me that I could come work with when I was older since I wanted to be a doctor. I guess that dream is sadly going to never happen.

I believe in miracles because my dad now has a job and my mom has good health. I also believe in miracles because from second to third grade my family never stopped loving each other and they never gave-up no matter how hard things got. My family ran like a horse in a race with a few rocks in its path. I believe the world could change with miracles and miracles can change the world.