I Believe Everything Happens For A Reason

Megan - Scotts Valley, California

Although sometimes it may seem like things happen for no reason and won’t turn out the way you are expecting them to, in the end everything works out. In fact, sometimes better than you would of hoped or expected. There are many paths to take in life and you will encounter many options, but whichever one you choose, the outcome will happen for a reason.

When I found out that I was going to go to a new school, PCS, I was not looking forward to it. My parents had heard how great of a school it was and when my brother got in it was the plan for my sister and I to go as well. I never fought back about not wanting to go and just accepted it. I savored my year in sixth grade because I was guessing that it was more fun and easier. I also did not want to leave all my friends, especially my best friend that I had met in first grade. The next year I started seventh grade at PCS and as I experienced each year after that I began to like the school even more. I now love my group of friends and I know there will be fun memories that I will always remember. I know that I will have a bright future in college and life in general, now that I am going to this school. The change that this brought me affected me in a good way and I am able to see that things happen with a purpose.

Another thing that happened for a reason that I couldn’t see at the time was when my family put an offer on a new, bigger house. Two months into it, the deal fell through. After that we put further buying on hold. About a year later the suggestion of buying a houseboat came to our minds. Although we had originally set our minds on moving, we now thought it would be more fun and beneficial for us to have a houseboat on the lake. After spending two summers on the lake I now I realize how much quality family time we have spent together, all the outdoor adventures, new water sports, and fun in the sun boating experiences we have had with our houseboat on Lake Shasta. If we had bought the new house, we wouldn’t have been able to buy the houseboat also. All the fun I have had and the years that will come on the houseboat make me think that we never bought a new house for a point.

When life brings decisions upon you, you have to choose one way. Don’t rush into things or do things that don’t seem or feel right. There will be an option for you out there. You just have to have confidence that things will turn out okay. I believe the decision you make will have a purpose over the course of your life.