I believe everyone is good at something

angelique - lansdale, Pennsylvania

Ever since I was a little kid I believed that everyone is good at something. When I was a little me and my family found that I had a learning disability and a lot of my life it had me very insecure about it. I can not read very well and I spell even worse. So pretty much every subject that there is you need to be able to read and spell. When I started middle school I started to act out, I started skipping class and some days just not going to school all together. It is pretty bad when I kid wants to drop out of school at seventh grade.

When 8th grade came around I was told about tech school. Tech school is a tread school. At the tech school there was a lot of different programs, from cosmetology to construction. If you went to tech school you got to get out of your home school. So when so of coarse when I found out about this I was so for it. I decided that to do the culinary program, for I figured that I was get to eat all day. What could be better then being able to get out of your home school to eat all day. Well it was that buffet as I thought but it was ok because I started to enjoy to cook. I started coming to come to school more and more, and soon I couldn’t wait to go to school to see what else I would learn.

This is when I started to start feeling better about my self and I stopped being so insecure. It is still really hard because I still can not read or spell but it helps to know that I am good at something. It helped me see that everyone is good at something. So I will not be able to have desk job. But that dose not mean I can not do anything good with my life. In stead I had to find out what I was good at so I could figure out what I was meant to do. So I new I like to cook but there is a lot of jobs out there that involve cooking so I had to figure out what else I am good at. So like any other person I am at school right now trying to found out what that is.

The reason I wanted to write my I believe paper on everyone is good at something is I never want anyone to feel the way that I did when I was in middle school . There will always be something you are not good at all you have to do is find the things you are good at. Maybe you are the opposite from me maybe you are a very smart person but you are not the most coordinated person, then you would be better at a desk job then you would playing sports or a dancer. You will always find what you are good at you just have to be patient to figure it out sometimes.