The Importance of Family

Cole - Shamong, New Jersey

It is too easy nowadays to be too busy to hang out with your friends or spend as much time as you want with your loved ones. Some people have conflicting schedules and it makes it almost impossible for them to be together or maybe they’re separated by distances. But in my experience, it was almost always necessary to talk to or spend time with my family.

I try to spend as much time as I can with my family now because I know when I move out of the house that spending time with parents and brothers will be a lot harder to coordinate. I believe that a person’s family should be close, even if they are miles away. Phones, emails, and even old fashioned hand written letters can make you feel close to the ones you love even when you are far away.

I’m not just talking about blood relations that are the only ones that should stay close to your heart. It’s the people you’re most comfortable with. The people you can laugh easy with and be totally at home with even if you aren’t actually there. I know that my family is the cornerstone of my life and I feel it has made me a better person because of it.

Having someone who you can talk to about anything can really be a big help when you’re struggling. Even though it may not be for everyone I have found that in these times, it is my parents who I can turn to the most. Other people may go to their friends or girlfriends or boyfriends and that works just as well, but it has always been my family who I have turned to.

I believe the happiest people are the ones with great family lives and stay in close contact with them. Too many kids grow up only thinking of one thing:I can’t wait to be on my own. I was that way too, but then I realized that I shouldn’t be so excited to be away from the people I love so much. This idea may come late to people, but I think they should be grateful it comes at all. A lot of of people move out on their own and get so wrapped up in their work that they forgot where they came from.

What brought me to this belief is that it has always been my family that has been there for me. Since I was little up till today where they still continue to encourage and inspire me. Too much faith is placed is things that are bound to fail, like technology. I try to put my faith in people and the people that I have the most faith in is my family.

I forget who said it, but there is a saying that states that home is where if you want to go back, they have to take you in. I believe that this saying completely summarizes the emotions of a family:unconditional love. Sometimes you can’t stand the people you care about the most, but it is ultimately your family that will always love and care about you.

Family is one of the constant things that I will always have faith in. I cannot imagine what my life would be without the influence and support of my family. They are always there for me and have supported though all my endeavors. That is why family is one of the most important things in a person’s life.