I Believe in Loyalty

Konstantin - Sofia, Bulgaria

I had many beliefs in my life and personal experience, but most of them got broken by various factors and because of various reasons. The one belief, which I always had and I keep having is my belief in loyalty towards the people you call relatives, friends, family.

In my life there were various cases of people betraying me. I would say from this experience that the betrayal is the worst way to punish somebody for no reason usually. Despite this fact I will always believe in loyalty and I will always be loyal to the people I consider to be closer to me. You’ll ask me a question in this point “What exactly do you understand by loyalty?” A friend of mine once got in some serious trouble and there was nobody else he could call at that time for help. Simultaneously I was at a party far away from the place he asked me to come to. The thing I did was say goodbye to the people who were around me and go help him. A friend in need is a good friend as people say. I completely agree with this statement. Loyalty is one of the most important factors, which build one’s personality and which make somebody a good person and friend. If you consider your friend’s problems something that you can just pass by and if you insist from them to do something for you without ever returning the favor, you won’t succeed. In order to receive something you should first give something. I learned that in order to receive something, I should first give a reason to show the ones who are around me that I will be loyal friend and I won’t betray them. I would say that loyalty isn’t a hard thing to achieve if you are a person who puts his friend’s needs beyond the casualties. I believe that loyalty is the most important quality that one should have in order to win the respect of people around him. Loyalty is the thing I used to give evidence to my friends that I’m a good one.

As a conclusion I would say that a lot of people look for other qualities when they try to make new friends. Some of them consider the outer factors more important than the character and the actual intentions of the person in front of them. Loyalty puts the border between the physical qualities and the inner feelings of a person. It is just the act of exhausting physically and using your time in order to help someone feel better. And if I have to define it as a characteristic it is – being there when someone really needs you.