Overcome the Obstacles

Dusten - Plano, Texas

Overcome the Obstacles

I believe in taking everything that life throws at a person. They just have to overcome all the obstacles, no matter how challenging or simple they might be. It does not matter what the challenges are, but how it makes the person afterward. It could either make a person stronger or weaker, proving that they will just give up if something does not go their way.

For instance, if a person tries their hardest at overcoming an obstacle, it shows that they are going to try to conquer anything that is put in front of them. I know this because I have lived with my grandparents all 18 years of my life. I have never met my mom, but I do not know the real reason why. I have not seen my sister for about five years, my dad and one of my brothers I have not seen for about eight years and my youngest brother I have never met. My dad along with my two brothers lives in Ohio, and my sister lives with her mom in Iowa. This helps me become a strong person because I have to live each day with my grandparents, knowing that I will not see my immediate family, and I do not know when I will. I live each day with the help and support of my family and friends.

Living with my grandparents has shown me to respect what other people have, such as living with their parents and siblings. It has shown me how to not take things for granted, and to respect everything that I have. Although I always wonder what my life would be like if I lived with my real parents, I know that I would not be where I am today if that were to happen.

Although I do not know what it is like to live with my parents, I know that I am so much better off than if I did. I have many opportunities and things that I know I would not have if I did not live with my grandparents.

I have overcome this obstacle my entire life, making me a stronger person. Instead of running away and giving up, I have accepted the challenge, and fought through it, living my life as it is. This makes me a superior person.