Sweet Sweet Music

Amelia - Sonora, Texas

My name is Amelia. I am fifteen years old, and I believe in music. Music makes the world go round. Music is so amazing, it makes you get hyper sometimes, and your heart pound, chill bumps form up and down your arms. It is one of the few best things in the world.

I love all types of music, country, old school (my favorite kind), rap, and hip-hop, all except for opera, R&B, and heavy metal. Even though, I do enjoy the occasional Disturbed song, Down with the Sickness, and Psychosocial by Slipknot. Their screamers are ‘wicked’!

I love to listen to funny songs, they ‘make my day’ or however the cool kids are saying it now days. I love the old school songs I Love Rock&Roll, and 867-5309.

You listen to music when you’re sad, happy, mad, disappointed, mellow, or whatever you may feel.

You have music at weddings, birthday parties, clubs, holidays, funerals, and you even have it at your own house and at your friend’s house, it’s everywhere. I listen to music every day. I hear songs that make me think of the one I love, Casey Donahew Band sings a song called Crazy, I listen to it every single day and I get a huge grin on my face, my heart starts pumping, and my fingers tingle because it makes me think of Caleb. Caleb and I have our dream wedding picked out, the colors, the flowers (daisy’s my favorite kind, ha-ha) and, the music… him and I plan on dancing to Lost in this Moment by Big & Rich, and of course, our first song will be our song Crazy.

I always listen to music. Every day, of every year, and I’ll listen to it for the rest of my life. I will always listen to music. I would love to get a guitar someday and make my own music, and sing my own songs. And when I have my four children, hopefully they love and cherish music as much as I do. It’s a huge part of my life, and it makes me feel really good.

I like to sing in class at random moments, and people love it. They smile, and sometimes sing along. As you can tell, I truly love music. Music honestly makes the world go round. I even have my own theme song, Fever Dream, the song off 300. I walk to it all ‘pimp’ and everyone laughs. They aren’t making fun of me if you’re wondering; they really enjoy how spirited I am. And I love being that way. My three friends – Serena, Nicole, Caleb and myself, plan on getting a video camera and take a video of us ‘jamin’ out to Best Friends by Toy Box, and Barbie Girl by Aqua.

During school sometimes, I like to sing Michal Jackson’s Thriller, and dance to it; I do the running man in the hall occasionally while I’m ‘jamin’ out to my beats. At school dances, regular dances, pep rallies, and even when music’s playing from someone’s iPod, or in the hall ways from a teacher’s radio, I dance and sing to it. It makes people laugh, and I enjoy making people laugh. It makes me feel extremely good.

I have plenty of favorite songs, I love them so much. Music helps me concentrate on work, and when I’m sick, it makes me feel better. When I’m married to Caleb, and I know I will be, him and I will listen to our song (I’m Yours) and dance and sing to it every day. And when I die, I’ll wait for Caleb, or meet him up there, and God, Caleb, and I…. well, we’ll be kickin’ it up in Heaven, OLD SCHOOL STYLE!