I believe in drugs

Jorge - sonora, Texas
Themes: addiction

I believe in drugs and what they can to do to your body. 6 milllion is the number of people who have died or have been affected by illegal drugs in America.

Drugs are taking Americans apart from what they loved or closest to. When I was born in 1992 I thought I was going to be born into a world with no troubles at all. As I grew older I saw things I didn’t expect to see. The worst part of it was that I began to see part of my family do it as well. I began to wonder if all families were the same. Sometimes I thought I had the perect family and other times I thought it could be better. When I was twelve I began to see my dad act different than he usually does. I began to wonder what was wrong with him. I was really concerned. Out of nowhere I found out that he was doing …cocaine! I didn’t know what to think of my dad because he was my father, leader, rolemodel and most importantly my…. bestfriend. He was always the only person I could talk when I was in trouble or when I just needed his help in something. He taught me a lot of things like how to fix up cars ,cook, play soccer, baseball, and he thought me to always be more than I thought I could be. This went on for two years with my drug dad until it was taken care of. He finally began to clear up. He finally realized that his family was more important than his stupid drugs. He began to take classes and I saw a lot of improvement in him and I was happy to see him get better. I later found out that he had stopped. Now my dad is back to his normal self. He’s hardworking and focuses on his job and his family. His old friends that he used to hand out with are the people that he doesn’t even bother to talk to.

The trouble didn’t stop there. I later found out that my cousins younger and older began to do drugs. I asked them “ What do you get out of it?” “why do you do it?” they told me in one word that has so many meanings “Satisfaction!” To this day I don’t talk to them anymore. About two and a half years ago I promised myself that I wouldn’t do any drugs or alchohol. So far I stuck to that promise. So many people ask me if I want to get drunk or get high. I always tell them no. They ask me why and I tell them that I don’t want to throw my life away. They always tell me that I won’t get hurt, and it feels good. I’ve seen what happens when you do drugs and I don’t plan to do anything to affect my life. I always ask myself “Am I doing the right thing by rejecting all the bad things in life?” Somehow a little voice always tell me that I‘m doing right. Now my life is good, but sometimes I know it can be better than it usually is. I never try to look back at my past or all the things my dad has done to me ot the rest of the family. Now I look forward to the future and what it holds for me. I saw a necklace that had a couple of chinese words. I asked what they meant and the salesperson told me to look at the back. It sad the journey begins here and forget about the past, because you can’t change whats already done. You can only change the future. I believe that drugs can change the way who we are and act. I believe drugs can do this.