Love Lives On

Breanna - Ada, Michigan
Themes: family, love

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller. Many people would seem to think that love conquers all. In my life, I believe love is very important. When I was younger I didn’t know what love really was. When people say love conquers all I took it as if you were committed to someone and that was the only love you could ever had.

As I grew older, I realized the greatest love you will ever have is in you family because no matter what they are they are for you for the rest of your life. The eternal love that you receive from family is what keeps me happy. Eight years ago I experienced a situation when I realized how much my family really mattered and how much I loved them. On the shore of the ocean in New Jersey, my brother had walked off along the beach and we had lost him. When he went missing I felt like I had lost something; like I had lost a part of me. The feeling of losing him hurt everyone and all we wanted to do at that moment was to find him. As soon as we did I felt closer to my family than I ever have before. To see them react so quickly to this experience made me feel secure with my parents and know that they will always care. Many assume that if you do not get along with your family they really do not care as much as you think, but in events like these it shows how much they really do care and how they would not be able to lose you ever. Growing up, love turned into more than just a family thing. I learned to love other people other than relatives. When I started high school, I began trying to love and accepted different people into my life. This love is more difficult to handle than the love in your family because it comes with complications. Unlike family love, you can lose this type of love, which deprives you from your life by taking away from being happy, and makes you greatly upset. I look at it as never ending love because if they once loved you they always will.

I remember when I lost a loved one; she was a close friend of mine. She got in a car accident, was in serious condition, and died six days later; she was only 18 years old. It was a year ago and I felt so devastated that I was lost on what to do. I had no idea how to react and how to handle my emotions. So when you begin to feel unloved remember how much people really do love you and how much love is always surrounding you. This I believe is a great part of learning lessons that will take you far in your life.