Stress

Henry - Plano, Texas
Themes: sports

I personally believe that if there is any way in your life to reduce stress, then go for it. Stress ruins peoples’ lives and makes things harder on everyone. There are many things in this world to reduce stress, but it all depends on what you like to do. I, for example, love to do martial arts. I’ve been doing them for about 12 years now. I took Tae-Kwon-Do for about 5 years and got my black-belt in that. After that I moved on to Muay-Thai, which is a form of kick-boxing and I’ve been taking that ever since I got my black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do. I also practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu which mainly focuses on ground fighting. For me these things relax me and give me peace of mind. Some people may think that it would add stress due to the strenuous activity, but exercising releases endorphins and actually puts you on a better mood. Some people read, run, and clean to reduce stress. There are countless things you can do to reduce stress, you just have to find what you like to do. Sometimes when I’m stressed out I just go up on my roof and watch the sky until it gets dark, and sometimes even if it is dark I’ll stay out there. There are always those times where no matter what you do you will be stressed out, but you can always do something to reduce the amount of stress that you have. This has always been my strongest belief because I’ve seen what stress does to people and it’s never good. My dad has to be one of the most stressed out people I’ve ever seen or met. He’s always worrying about things that he doesn’t need to worry about, and he makes the biggest deal about the smallest things. But lately he’s been working out with me and he seems a little happier and a little less stressed.