The Influence of Music

Chloe - grand rapids, Michigan

There are a lot of different ways to express oneself. One great way is through the power of music. I believe that music can change the world in a way that connects people and places together. I suppose that music could possibly be the universal symbol of serenity in one way or another. I believe in the power of music. I believe that music unites people of different cultures and countries together.

I have been in my school choir for every year of high school and have learned a lot about music. In this class, we learn to sing in various languages and listen to diverse pieces of choral music from around the planet. It makes me think about the people in other countries listening to American music. Not only do people in these foreign countries listen to music in the form of vocal arrangements or instrumental symphonies, but also by listening to what is popular in our American music industry.

Music is uniting the world as one while I write this essay. Young people in Japan may be listening to Britney Spears or people in France may be dancing to The Strokes. What about the people in England? They may be tuning into the radio to listen to Tokyo Police Club. Here, in the United States of America, people are listening to The Ting Tings and Kanye West. It is different to imagine how these countries, and many more, listen to the same music on a daily basis. It brings people together in ways that other things cannot such as politics. People in America listen to musicians and artists from other countries and vice versa.

We can link together through music metaphorically speaking. I think that this shows there is a curiosity in foreign cultures whether it is very obvious or not. Music draws people in and obtains their interest. We share music with others as a way of communicating and showing signs of emotion. We communicate and demonstrate passion through our favorite kinds of music; we are opening the eyes of others and sharing our happiness with them. People introduced to new music share the songs that they love with others and the chain keeps moving on. Soon, it spreads throughout cities, states, nations, and then the world.

I believe that music can change the world if it is set into motion by the people of this planet. Sharing dreams and uniting through music can reveal peace for everyone. I believe in the power of music.