Tony, Tony, Lost and Found

Lisa - Negaunee, Michigan

Tony, Tony, Lost and Found

It was a stormy night in the month of February. Erica, Kaitlyn, and I had just finished up at work and were discussing plans for the night. Our friend Niles was having a party at his apartment and invited us to stop by if we wanted to. We thought it would be a good idea so we piled into my car and drove fifteen minutes to Niles’ apartment.

On the way to my car I stopped at my dad’s truck to get his garage door opener. I wanted to prevent an uncomfortable climb up the front steps in knee-deep snow at early hours of the morning. Calling five minutes later to inform my dad of the last minute decision I made was no big deal. Coming up with an explanation of where his remote was the next morning, was.

I sat down to join Erica and Kaitlyn at my kitchen table the following morning when my dad asked, “Hey Lisa, can you get my remote for me?” Silence. Staring at the cup of coffee clenched between my hands I mumbled, “I lost it.” I could feel him looking at me in disappointment as he walked away.

I couldn’t let this go. I knew I had to retrace my steps to find this remote. I spent the next day looking everywhere for it. No luck. I then realized something was missing, and it wasn’t just the remote. It was the prayer to St. Anthony; Tony, Tony, lost and found, something’s lost that must be found.

I quickly spitted out those few inspiring words and drove immediately back to the apartment parking lot. I pulled into the spot my car was parked just the night before and stepped outside. The first thing I noticed was a little gray spot about five feet away from my car.

I started digging at the packed snow and pulled out my dad’s garage door opener. At that point I knew St. Anthony had lead me to that location to discover the buried remote.

St. Anthony is the Catholic patron saint of lost items. I am a huge believer in what he does and how he helps those who ask him. One of the main reasons why I think it’s important to ask for his guidance is because of the accomplishment and relief I feel when the search is over. When I get frustrated and feel like giving up I know I can count on him. Believing in him is special to me because I know not everyone has someone to turn to when they need help.

It’s easy to throw my hands in the air and give up, but with the help of St. Anthony I know I will be successful. Because of this recent experience I feel comfortable believing that I am never alone during my searches.