I believe that mankind must work together

Jake - Columbus, New Jersey

I believe that mankind must work together.

I believe it is possible for mankind to make a perfect world. Now you might be thinking that I’m an idiot with the talking about a perfect world with all sorts of terrorism, poverty, and economic issues. However it is possible but in order for it to happen all of mankind must put away or own selfish desires and work peacefully together.

Take for example the worlds economic struggles. The whole world must come together and work on helping other countries and they help us and so on. On the other hand there are terrorism issues especially in Iraq and the Middle East. Now I understand that it is their human emotion that they’re mad with us. But if the conflict between us could cease we would help their government and therefore help the world’s economic state. Now the way to fix a hurt economic system is stimulate it by buying stuff if we put more money out there to poor people and communities then everyone could afford stuff and assist in repairing the economy. I also believe that with teamwork we can figure out a way to help reduce carbon emissions and cut back on the amount of waste going into landfills. If we brought the 3 smartest scientists from all the countries I think that they could find some ways to reduce pollution from major sources like planes, automobiles, and factories by 2010 or 2011.

Even though we can solve our own problems our emotions get in the way. If a countries government is about to collapse if that country had just dropped nukes on us we might not feel so inclined to help them. But out of anger we might have overlooked the fact that that country gave us our main import of rice or something and then before you know it you’re completely out of rice because of your human emotions.

Only through teamwork can this world become better if not perfect and I don’t know if groups like Al Qaida and the KKK continue to operate through hate and greed. However if we can learn to deal with our emotion and our own desires then we can come together and help on another to make the world better. Mankind can accomplish anything but only if all of mankind wants it to happen.