I believe that young people are able to experience the feeling of falling in love

Meagan - Des Plaines, Illinois
Themes: love

I believe that young people are able to experience the feeling of falling in Love

“Please don’t leave me. I love you. I’ll never let you go.” Those were the words he said to me after a huge fight and I was ready to give up. No matter what he has been the one there for me to lift me up when I was down. He has been the one telling me, “Never give up. You can do it,” when I was ready to quit. I’ve never had anyone by my side motivating me to do better, telling me that everything will be okay and I just have to try. He is so genuine, kind, and loving. I know that I am safe with him. I have never felt this way about anyone. I know that I will never find anyone like him. Why keep looking when I am already in love, and he is everything I want?

What is love to you? There are so many different ways to define love. To me, Love is checking for that monster under my bed when I couldn’t fall asleep. Love is kissing my boo-boo after I fell off my bike. It is reading me my favorite bed time story then tucking me in with a kiss on the forehead and wishing me sweet dreams. It is keeping me safe, and standing by me with my choices and dreams. My parents are the ones who showed me their love and from this they taught me how to love.

When I started dating Charlie two years ago my family did not approve of him at all. They would tell me I have my whole life ahead of me and I’m too young to be in love. They say that I haven’t experienced life and once I have then I can love. Me, I understand where they are coming from but what they don’t realize is that I learned to love from them. The first feeling of love was from them. They not only showed me but they taught me. From this I know how it feels and I know how to show it. My whole life is ahead of me but I know that Charlie will be there for me through it all. I know I am in love because of the feeling I get when he looks into my eyes, and the warm feeling I get when he holds me in his arms. The way I can see myself in the future with him, and the way I can be myself around him. He brings out the best in me and makes me feel special. We share a lot together and no one knows me like he does. I know I am in live because I can trust him more than anyone, and how I can forgive him no matter what he does. He makes me feel safe, and I know I can depend on him for anything. Every day I spend with him is so special and I will always treasure the memories we have made. I know there will be many more to come because everyday spent with him is exciting. We have known each other for more than some married couples, and we grew up together as kids playing at the park. We know each others like’s and dislike’s our flaws, our dreams, and our deepest darkest secrets. He has shown me his love from what his parents showed him, and I will give my love right back from what my parents showed me. We are young and in love. We have our lives ahead of us and we will go through it together. We will share the future together because we have a love that will last forever. Just like the feeling of my mom tucking me into bed with a goodnight kiss.