I believe in Santa Clause

Gwendolyn - Marion, Wisconsin

I believe in Santa Clause. You may be thinking that, “Oh, she believes in the “spirit” of Christmas.” No, I believe in Santa Clause. I truly believe that there is someone or maybe many someone’s that are Santa Clause. I believe there are places that thrive solely to make people’s dreams and wishes come true. Places so magical that they are beyond your imagination.

Almost ten years ago, I was going through a difficult time. My two girls were four and two and I was going through a very messy divorce. There were other circumstances that made the situation even more complicated. I was however surrounded by family and friends that supported me. I was also being watched over by Santa Clause. That December was magical because I received numerous gift cards every week in the mail from Santa Clause. Some were for local clothing and grocery stores and some were even for my favorite places to eat. Every few days I would receive something in the mail from the North Pole. Of course I questioned my family and friends numerous time. They all denied having anything to do with the cards.

I have since known of many other families that have gone through difficult times and they too have received such gifts. He doesn’t always put the gifts under the tree just on Christmas night. Sometimes he or she brings them when you least expect it but when you need them the most.

You know, I don’t remember my mother every telling me that there wasn’t a Santa Clause. Maybe that is one of the reason’s I still believe today. I don’t have to worry about my kids because I would never tell them something that I didn’t believe. When I hear that people come straight out and tell their kids that there is no Santa Clause I feel crushed inside. My heart breaks every time I hear those words. Belief is something that you hold deep inside your heart and how anyone could rip that away is beyond me.

So, yes Virginia there is a Santa Clause and don’t ever let anyone tell you there isn’t. I truly believe that there is someone out there giving gifts, and wishes, and making dreams come true. I truly believe there is a place where there is a small army that their sole purpose is to make children and families happy. I truly believe in Santa Clause.