unconditional love

Teri - Coden, Alabama
Age Group: 65+
Themes: family, love

Unconditional love

I have done a lot of soul searching in my life, and I truly believe that we all have a purpose. That purpose for me is my ability to love. To love unconditionally is about the best virtue a person can have.

Furthermore people have been telling me that they cannot explain the emotions that stem from being a grandparent. It to me was like the first time I fell in love. When my first grandchild was born he lived six hours away. I longed for him when he wasn’t near me. I anticipated the next time that I would see him. Even the thought of being near him was enough to calm my soul at times. I couldn’t control my feeling for the anticipation was too much for me to handle.

However I don’t want you to get me wrong I love my own children the ones that I gave birth to, but the love I have for my grandchildren is totally deeper. I often wonder why that was. People tell me that it’s because you can give them back, and not have the responsibility that you had with your own children.

Moreover I love being in the grandmother mode because I fell more relaxed around them than I did with my own children. The responsibility that comes with being a parent can be quiet overwhelming. Pressure to do the right thing was always obvious for me.

In spite of the fact that I am older now I believe has a lot to do with my patients. I had a short temper when I was younger because of the fact that I was barely out of my teens when I became a mother.

I act like a kid myself around them. I fell as if I am regressing back to my own childhood. We play games, laugh, and thoroughly enjoy just hanging out with each other. There are enough adults having to discipline them. On the other hand I do back my son up when it comes to discipline because he knows what he is doing.

Therefore I think this is why they respect me so much. They are great kids, and they know where the line is drawn. I feel it to be an honor and a privilege to be their Me, Me.