One In A Million

Mani - Ridgefield, Washington
Themes: family, hope

I’m a lucky kid. Having been adopted from a poor region of India I never thought I would have the chance to be able to reach my dreams. Now I have a family that loves me and cares about me. They are willing to help me reach my dreams. My mom always says,” Mani, you are one in a million.”; she always says. I have opportunities that millions of my “sisters” in India will never have. I’m living in a land that allows me to develop to my full potential.

When I arrived in America I was greeted by a group of pink people holding balloons. Not knowing what the pink people were saying, I didn’t realize that a whole new door of opportunities was being opened to me. With my new family I can have dreams and achieve them.

My dream is to have to have a happy life with a career that I enjoy. I want to live without worry to much about money. People now a day think to be happy it’s important to have the biggest car and the largest house. I think it would be nice to have a car and house, but that’s not what is going to make me happy. I’ll take happiness over material things.

Dreams are important in life. Whatever people’s dreams maybe they deserve a chance to try reaching them.