the world ends at your boundries

Nathaniel - Mt. Sterling, Kentucky

I believe that the world ends at your boundaries. The time of my life that I taught me this lesson was the summer between seventh and eighth grade. I was spending the summer with my mom and step dad, a marine gunnery sergeant, who had just been transferred to Illinois. On the first day I grabbed my cell phone and tried to get my step brother to come along on the search for the plentiful parks, and short cuts around the neighborhood, but he refused. So I left on my bike alone and got lost once or twice and had to call my mom to find my way to find out where I was and how to get home from where I was. This was exciting in a scary way because I was alone in a road at an unfamiliar place. The next day my brother finally decided to join my in the search, and with only two calls we found our way to the Game Stop, and while going through the parking lot we scared a few sea gulls the funny part was listening to the seagulls squawk as we rode past them. The sea gulls took off in all directions like a huge white bird taking off from a rest. On another trip that I had to make alone and it seemed as if a storm was approaching. The clouds were like a dark, depressing shadow that was constantly gazing over my shoulder as if waiting for disaster to strike. One day I also met a professional magician and during the Christmas break of eighth grade I got to go to his birthday party where he put on a show for all of his guests. Although before the show it was sort of slow because all of the adults where talking so I went back to the house and got my Nintendo D.S. and went to his game room in the basement. I also met a few more of the neighbors and made friends with them. Remember the world ends at your boundaries. Oh yeah, In case you don’t know yet that means that all of the people you know, all of the places you’ve been, and all of the things you know and learn are the boundaries.