A Life Lesson

Taylor - Alexander, Arkansas

Over the course of our lives, we are forced to believe in many things that turned out not being real, or it ended up not being true. People will and have given us blurry or distorted perceptions of the truth. Life has the opportunity to be simpler if we could keep hold of the faith we have in the little things. For this reason, I choose to believe in the “Tooth Fairy”.

The Tooth Fairy is much more than just a story of an impossibly small fairy who magically gives money for little kids that have lost one of their teeth. She is a symbol whose meaning can run deep. A symbol that overtime different people will tell you things that aren’t really true, but most of the time it is with good intentions.

The Tooth Fairy can give many kids something fun to believe in, but it is not too much fun to find out the truth. Waking up to a tooth still under my pillow after I had put it under there the night before was devastating. I had it all planned out. Determined to prove that she was real. I never told my mom that I had lost my tooth and then I secretly had hidden that tooth under my pillow. Sadly, the Tooth Fairy never did pay a visit to me and at seven years old, I was crushed. Later on, I realized this had taught me a life lesson.

I figured out that in everyone’s life he/she will have a situation where they don’t know the real truth. How they handle that can determine what kind of person they really are. I believe in the Tooth Fairy, and how it has the capability of teaching such a big and important lesson.