Searching for a dream

Katie - Ridgefield, Washington

Everyone has a dream for; their future as how they want it to be, and it’s their choice weather or not to pursue it. There has been the question of what is the American Dream? Is if affected by what the world establishes as the “correct” dream? My answer is no. Inside each person there is a conscious, and that conscious I believe is your wants, dreams, and beliefs. A dream I believe is something a person wants that’s not selfish, but something that will bring them happiness.

My life on the outside seems good, but on the inside there are battles. Those battles are what make me want to dream a good future for myself; my battles are what make me want to have dreams. My Dad, who died 6 years ago, got to live his dreams and because of that I want to have meaningful ones like him. It’s hard to have someone significant taken away from you suddenly. That kind of tragedy can affect your out look on what life should be about. Also by losing someone a person can see they should not take their life for granted; they shouldn’t let it pass by without dreams. You can allow yourself to come up with what you want deep inside and call that a dream. Each person is capable of having them and achieving them. A tragic loss is not the only thing that can cause people to open their minds to dreaming, but also by listening to their conscious. Everyone in the world is different and that is based on not only who and what shaped us, but what we believed and dream. What makes us different is how we choose to live our lives, finding ourselves, and being that person. That thing will get us to where we want to be in life. Good hand or bad hand dealt, your ambitions will always be what affect your life but never forget that a dream should not be selfish and it should bring you happiness.