A Far Out Dream

Phillip - Ridgefield, Washington

A Far Out Dream

I beleive in doing what you want to do even if people tell you, “your an idiot”. I have a dream of racing cars that was sparked by an endless summer of riding in a newly purchased 93 Honda Civic and watching street racing movies. My neighbor and I put countless hours of work into the car, tuning the engine and doing cosmetic work. Then came the arrival of my first car, a 1990 Ford Taurus made my dream even stronger. I hope to be able to race the Taurus against the Civic someday at the raceway when I get my license and put this dream into motion.

I’m getting close to fulfilling this dream, and soon it will become a reality for me. Everyone tells me I’m stupid and that I’m wasting my time with empty dreams, but I won’t give up on this one. I’m going to jump in with both feet and hope I come out alive. Many other people have made this their life such as Mario Andretti, who is a legend in racing. So why can’t I; I just need a license and some free time and i can make this, ultimate goal a reality and a dream come true.