Dedication Leads to Success

Bill - ridgefield, Washington

I believe that everyone should be able to follow their dreams, and should be supported in their decision. Everyone has their own dreams. Some are bigger than others, but everyone has one common goal: to achieve them. Obviously, some people can achieve their dreams more easily then others because of what that dream is, how wealthy that person’s family is, or even by decisions their parents made when they were growing up, but the biggest part of working towards your dream is how hard you are willing to work to achieve it. I believe that everyone can achieve their dreams, no matter how big, in any situation that they grew up in as long as they are willing to work hard to achieve their goals.

Say that you grew up very poor, only had one parent, and could barely afford to eat. You dreamed of having a family and a house some day, but that would be hard to do coming from the life you’ve had so far. You work hard in school, and earned college scholarships, and went on to getting a great job and buying a house. That takes a lot more effort and work than if you grew up rich, never worried about money, had private tutors, could afford to go to one of the best colleges, and then got a job in your father’s company. They both achieved their dreams, but the person born into the richer family didn’t really have to put in as much effort as the one who worked his whole life to get there.

If you grew up in a family that never supported you with your dreams or goals, it would definitely be harder to achieve your dream. One thing that they could do without meaning to affect you would be moving, which would cause you to enter a whole new school district, make new friends, and adapt to your new community, so even if your parents do want you to succeed, they might be making it harder for you without even realizing it. In some cases, it is the family that pushes you to reach your goals, maybe by having you do extra things with school, or to help teach you work skills for when you get a job. I think that even with a family that isn’t supporting you, it makes it harder, but it is still possible to achieve your dream.

In conclusion, I think that everyone should follow their dreams, and should be supported in their decision.