I Believe In Family

tanner - Mt. Sterling, Kentucky

I believe in family. I believe that they are the most important group of people that you could possibly have in your life and no matter what you do they will always be there to help you. Even when you do something that you know you should not do.

One cold winter’s night in December of 2000. At first it was a normal night at my Grammy’s house my mom was working late and me and my brother were playing in the living room. Eventually playing turned to fighting and we were sent to the spare bedroom to sit and do nothing. After about ten minutes of sitting on the bed my brother came up with an idea. He said we were going to, “Dig through the wall.” by using a safety pin he had found and sticking it in the electric outlet. We were then going to apologize for fighting. I put the pin in and was shocked. At first I thought that I would not be able to let go it felt as though my hand was stuck to the pin. Although my brother was the one who put me up to it he immediately went to get my Grammy. She helped me with my hand and called my mom. She rushed home and took me to the hospital. I had second degree burns on my hand and had to put medication on them for a while.

Through this all I learnt that no matter what you do, no matter how stupid your family will always be there for you.