The Miracle of Love

Mikala - Bryant, Arkansas
Themes: love

I believe that everyone needs love. When all the pain and hurt they are going through has drained all of the love out of their heart, is when they need love the most.

Three summers ago while I was at church camp, my Papa was admitted in to ICU

with only 20% of his heart working. When I got home from camp, my broke the news to

me of my Papa being in the hospital and how long he was supposed to live: all of my love

drained out of my heart. For two years, my Papa was put in and out of the hospital,

getting statements of how long he would live.

All of the time I was hurting, I rejected love, or at least acted like I did. When I received peoples love around me, it was like some of the blood and heartbeat was coming back to Sleeping Beauty’s heart, yet those giving me love couldn’t see that.

Love is a multiple of things. Love is patient and kind. Love doesn’t envy and

doesn’t boast. Love isn’t proud, isn’t rude, isn’t self-seeking, isn’t easily angered. Love

keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil. Love rejoices in truth. Love

always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails.

Everyone needs love. No matter if they want it or not, they need it. There are so

many hurting people in the world who search and seek for something. That something

that they are looking for is the love that we can give only through God’s unending,

unfailing, everlasting, and extreme love for us.

When I think of all the times I have rejected the love that my closest friends and the people who care about me the most gave me in my time of trial and little faith, hope, and most of all love, it makes me persevere to show them love when they are going through

the same or similar situations that I went through when I had nothing and no one to turn

to but God and love.

I believe in faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.