Honesty is the best policy.

Nidhi - Columbus NJ, New Jersey
Themes: integrity

Honesty is the best policy.

“Each time you are honest and conduct yourself with honesty, a success force will drive you towards greater success. Each time you lie, even with a little white lie, there are strong forces pushing you to ward failure.”

Joseph Suqarman.

I agree with the statement honesty is the best policy. Everyone, to succeed in his or her life, should follow it. Though we can make money by improper ways, it would not give us good status in society. I believe that honesty is important for both personal life and business life. As we go through the history of the great leaders, they all succeed in their life mainly by their life style. They all followed the truth and honesty. Honesty is very important in many aspects of our life. If we are honest, everyone will believe us.

When I was in 2nd grade, my mother used to teach me lessons about honesty. She told me that we should speak honesty. She also thought me morals. I always believe my mother. What ever she teaches me I learn.

The moral that she used to teach me is we should be honesty with every one. We should also respect them. She also thought me that, if we our honest, every one would give us respect, and they will believe us. She also thought me that “honesty is the best policy.” She said, “ If you speak honest, you will achieve in your life, people will believe you and trust you.” She also said that “honesty take important roll in our life. That shows person behavior. If the person behavior is not good that means that person dose not believe in honesty.

Once I was sitting on the sofa, doing my homework; my mother was helping me. I was almost in second grade. Then I asked my mother, “What is honesty?” she replied were gently “Honesty is sometimes the best thing for a situation to end up well. This is because, if you lie and people find out, you are likely to end up with many negative consequences. For one thing, you will not be trusted any more. This could be very annoying. A practical example showing this is politics. If politician promise they will do a certain thing when getting elected but they do not do it, people will find it harder to trust the politician, and he will find it harder to be elected next time. So we should always speak honesty.”

While she was explaining this to me I looked in her eyes and understood each and every single word. On that particular day I started to believe in honesty. I also understood that what my mom is telling to do. When I become 13 years old my mom still reminds me that day and tell me to do what she teach. Even I teach my little brother and sister. I also explain that mom used to explain me. I also teach them “Honesty is the best policy.”