War

Jennifer - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Themes: war

My belief in the fact that we need war at certain times influences my everyday life. Even at times when I feel attacked when I’m out in thte streets, I’m always on the defense; ready to strike at any time. It doesn’t really matter where I am or what I am doing. Now, I’m not trying to compare my life to a war between countries, but if you really think about it, people face challenges everyday that cause them to react in a negative way; such as fighting or even worse. Any time I feel threatened or attacked, I will react in a way that might cause severe repercussions. But I do not fault myself for being this way. Now in relation to a war between countries; I feel that it’s our right to defend our country any time we feel that we are attacked or threatened. We need to defend ourselves. At any time when this country felt that it was being jeopardized or bombarded; we have always stood up for ourselves. I think as patriots of this country that we love so much, we should always have faith and show strength and togetherness by standing behind the people that serve this country. I take a look at the previous wars that have happened and how people punished the ones that help protect our safety. I think we should learn from our mistakes and realize that soldiers that put their lives on the line and sacrifice themselves just so we can live in this freedom; is a very noble, respectable thing to do and we need to praise their courage. I know for myself I hate hearing about soldiers getting killed, it’s a very sad moment for me; but I also get a sense of pride thinking about how they risked their lives for people like myself to live another day. Everybody may not agree on certain wars that have happened or even the outcomel but we can agree on the fact that we should appreciate that we have people in this country that will stand up and risk their lives for our ability to continue to live in freedom.