My Future

Jozanna - Burlington, New Jersey

My Future

Have you ever wondered what you wanted to be when you grow up? Well I do. I never knew what I wanted to be until a couple years after I started playing the flute. I learned to play in 4th grade. Once I got into 6th grade, I knew that I wanted to be a musician. I knew exactly what I wanted to be, and kept on playing different instruments. The kinds of music I play on each instrument reflect my mood at that time. I still think I can definitely my dream of becoming a professional musician.

It all started with me watching my sister playing her trombone. Every time she would practice, I would listen and ask questions about her music. I always told her that I wanted to be in band but not play the trombone. I joined band in 4th grade and I was really bad. But, when I had a problem with my music I would ask my sister to help.

The first instrument I played was the school’s flute. This is my fourth year playing the flute. I then got tired of playing the school flute in 6th grade, so I used their piccolo for a while. I got a new flute for Christmas that year. Two years after I started playing the flute, I taught myself how to play the school’s alto saxophone in one week.

I know how to play too many instruments to count. I play the advanced open holed flute, beginner flute, piccolo, alto saxophone, trumpet, pocket trumpet, and clarinet. Yes, I do own all these instruments, but I bought some for a good price on e-bay. There are also the other instruments that I play that are my brothers’. I can also play snare drum, various types of guitars, and bass clarinet. I am in several instrumental activities. I play the beginner flute for Marching Band and the opened holed flute in Wind Ensemble. In Jazz Lab Band, I play the alto saxophone.

My future has been planned in several different ways. But, it always involves music and instruments. People say I should go to Julliard and become a professional. My best friend said that I should go to college for music, go on tours, and put instrumental CDs out in market. My brothers want me to be in the Cadets Marching Band. Cadets are the top marching band in the U.S for young people ages 18 to 24. Well, whatever I do, it will involve instruments.

As you can tell, I am a very musical person. From just playing one instrument I was able to just pick up another and play. If it wasn’t for my sister, I would miss all the fun and excitement I experience because I am involved in musical ensembles. I am confident I can reach my dream of becoming a professional musician.