I Believe in Shoes

Victoria - Crosswicks, New Jersey

I Believe In Shoes

I believe in never hanging up my shoes until I have given it my all.

My shoes happen to be soccer shoes. Do have something you like to where that makes you feel invincible. My soccer shoes are not like any old regular spikes they make me feel that I can score 100 goals, dribble and run for ever, and show my passion to the game. When I take of my shoes I feel less powerful, I still show my pride but it’s just not the same without my soccer shoes.

I believe in never giving up on what you love. I step on the field. A large tingle runs down my spin to my feet till the very tips of my toes and I know that I belong playing this sport. Another reason that I love the game is the feel of the grass and the smell of the mud and the wind blowing in my face. When I get pushed down I don’t mind the feeling of the dirt rubbing on my skin. It makes me get more pumped to work even harder. Many hours go by with sweet and bottles of Gatorade and water. Still my shoes carried me through. I believe in never giving up on what you love, but there was a time where I had lost hope. Yes it was only a year ago that I thought my shoes had lost there power, but later I will realize that it was me who had lost faith in them. We were practicing for the thanks giving tournament in 2008 when we had just heard that there was a team called Wildcats and that they were unbeatable. My team the Bordentown Renegades was a good team but we still have lots of work to do.

It’s the week of the tournament and I ‘m shaking more then ever my coach Ed calls us over. Now we can do this if everyone is willing to participate said coach Ed. We are all very nerves but we no that we can beat this team. Its not the wild cats first but were playing against the Cheery Hill boomers. We got lucky and won 1-0 in the last 5 min. of the game. Now if the Wild Cats beat the North Hanover Twisters then we will play the Wild Cats for first place and second place. We had are eye set on 1st.

I believe that I am not going to tell you who won because that would defeat the purpose of trying your best at something and not caring if you win or loose its how much fun you have playing the game. Also I believe in never hanging up my shoes until I have given it my all. Believe in yourself and you can do anything. (But if you do want to know they beat the Twisters and then we beat them 3-2).