I Believe In Dance

Keturah - Crosswicks, New Jersey

Many people do not understand the art of dance, the free expression, the talent and the creativity that go into each piece of choreography. Everyone has their own way to express themselves. Whether it is sports, writing or music everyone has their own way to be themselves. For me, it is dance. For me, a late night dance class is one of the only places I can be myself, free to be what ever I want or what ever I please. Also, the friends that I have gained through dance will last me a life time. Everything we have done and everything that is going to happen will last a life time and will never be forgotten.

I believe in free expression. For me I believe that no one is them selves unless they are doing what they like to do. It seems that everyone comes out of their shells when they are doing what they love to do. The place where I burst out of my shell is at dance class, and I am a totally different than I am at school and home. It is like the old Jane left and in marches the new one. I feel free to do what ever I want and to dance my heart out no matter how stupid I look. So when I dance I am being me, myself, and I and no one else and I am invincible.

I believe in life long friends. My school friends and my dance friends are totally different. With my dance friends, I can be free and open with but my school friends it is not that easy. The girls I dance with probably feel the same way too. One girl that has always been there for me is Nicole. I can remember the first time I saw her, her hair was as big and fluffy as a cloud just sitting on top of her head. I do not know what about the poof I liked but we have been close friends ever since. Putting Nicole and me together is probably never the best idea, but you will always get the best and most unique chorography.

Dance for me has always been the best place for me to run away from my problems, even though they come back to me when I am done. But every little thing helps. So find that one thing that will help you through life, and never stop doing what you love to do. I know that what ever life throws at me, I will always have the miracle of dance to help me through it.