I Believe in Technology

Joey - Crosswicks, New Jersey

I believe in technology; I feel it is the way to go. Technology is what keeps us living on this earth. Without it, we could be struggling for food, shelter and entertainment. What makes life so much easier today than 50 years ago? Technology, it is what makes the world go round.

Everyone has heard their parents rant about how jealous they are about how we have so much more than they had growing up. “When we were kids, we didn’t have 500 TV channels! We only had 7 and we were very happy with it.” “When we were kids, our parents kicked us right out and we had to actually go outside to play. Not like these ‘video games.’” “Our parents never cared where we went, as long as we were home by dark.” “I remember when phones were as big as bricks! Now they’re so tiny I could snap ‘em between my fingers!”

Computers are what drive our lives, they’re everywhere. In your phones, MP3, your cars, in your game systems, in your school, you can go almost anywhere in the USA and you will always find a computer somewhere nearby. Every year, technology gets smaller and more powerful. The 2gig iPod you had 3 years ago that was half an inch thick, could now be as small as an eighth of an inch thick and have 8gigs and a touch screen. Or that big heavy computer sitting in your basement with barely enough memory to make a PowerPoint, could even be small enough to fit in your phone.

I believe it is technology that will save us in the end. Our ability to advance is all thanks to the power of plastic and silicone. I believe we will be able to go to Mars; I believe that we can solve the energy problem. I believe that we can achieve artificial intelligence, and I believe that we can reach out to the farthest stars and talk to other life forms. I believe that everyone will have a computer some time in the near future. I believe we can end wars and stop disease. I believe we can work together and achieve more than what we have now, and bring the entire world into the 21st century.

I believe in technology.