Tell The Truth

Maliyah - McGuire AFB, New Jersey
Themes: integrity

Tell the truth.

Thomas Carlyle ones said, “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world”. I will never forget the time I took the wrong choice and told a lie. My mom asked me an important question, and I lied to her then I got grounded. I didn’t get grounded for mainly what I did, but for lying. That is not the only time I told a lie, and every time I do I have a consequence for it. That is why I tell the truth and always think before I make a mistake, so I don’t need to lie. I believe it is good for everyone to tell the truth at all times. I believe people will get further in life by telling the truth.

Many people get there selves into situations where they feel like lying is the way to go. Even though it may feel like it got you out of your misery for that time you still did not solve the problem you where in correctly. Lying can bring guilt upon you and make you feel bad. If the person you lied to found out you did not tell them the truth, they will probably end up getting mad at you, and possibly not trusting you to tell them the truth anymore.

That is why I believe when I lie or when other people lie it is not the right thing to do. I do put my self in situations when I do end up lying. But then when I catch myself, and start feeling guilty I usually apologize to the person I lied to, and tell them the truth. I try hard not to lie to people because I wouldn’t want them to lie to me. However, when I find out people lie to me I get upset and it doesn’t make me feel good.

I believe that God does not like when people lie, so we should not do it. I don’t lie because my family and friends wouldn’t want to be lied to just as I don’t want to be lied to. I believe if you lie you can lose your friends and the ones that trust you. I think that a lot of people do not want to be around someone that lies all the time. People do not want to come and talk to someone who lies because they do not want to be lied to if they ask for advice or something. So what I think people should always do to tell the truth and keep them selves out of the situations where they would feel they would need to tell a lie. And if you truly want the truth do not ask questions you do not want the answer to.