Opinions Are No Effect

Kasey - 08022, New Jersey

I believe that opinions used to damage the inside of a person do not matter. The people that make fun of you don’t know you like you know yourself. People judge you on what you show them. Who knows, maybe your showing different than what you truly are. If I were to be told that I’m a weird person I wouldn’t care because I’m what think of myself.

Many people encounter racial comments, slurs, and stereotypes. I believe that race sometimes is stupid way to divide people based on their skin. Regardless of the skin color or personalities we’re all people and walk on this earth for almost the same purpose. There’s no need to segregate people based on their traits. That will make people feel upset, furious, or like an outcast. For example, Adolf Hitler is notorious for racial stereotypes saying that the Jews are less than human. I believe everybody is equally human.

The things I encounter, people always laugh at the size of my head and that stresses me and even went into fighting in the 5th grade, but what people say does not matter because I’m what I think. Meaning, everyone that knows me can say what they want to I could care less. However, I’m a goofy person and I laugh when anyone talks about, but not always. However, those I know usually don’t turn against me. What surprises me is that they stick up for me I never had happen before besides my brother and sisters.

The names I get called are peanut head, big head, or an alien. My peers think it’s funny when calling me that, but I don’t care. I believe they see wrong in my head and should give up paying attention to it. Believe me when I say I love the way I look and my head is no imperfection. Opinions aren’t fact they’re just beliefs on one person’s mind. Facts are something that tells the truth from life.

I’m learning to show some backbone by standing up for myself. I love myself for the way I am and so does everybody else. So, it’s pointless to break down their self esteem.