Reading a book!!

Rebecca - Columbus, New Jersey
Themes: integrity

Reading a Book!!

When was the last time you lied? Yesterday? Today? Never!?! Is there a time when lying is ok? When is a good time to lie? I believe in honesty. I think if you lie for a good cause, it is ok. My mom yelled at me for lying about studying and my face was so red.

I believe lying sometimes ok. Nobody is perfect and can always tell the truth. You should never lie to a police officer, or in a court case or lie to your close family and friends. You can say a lie to a stranger to save other people. For example, if one of your friends is in trouble with a stranger you can then tell them a lie to get them out of a tight situation. If you can help a friend then lying is ok.

If you lie to a parent about doing something you aren’t doing that is not good. Unfortunately, I did that to my mom. I love reading books. When I am bored I pick up a book and read. One time I was so bored I picked up a book. Big surprise, right? Well, I was supposed to be studying for a Spanish test at least that is what I told my mom. The book was so good that I did not hear her walk up behind me and see me reading! I heard her clear her throat and I turned around slowly with my face turning all red.

I lied to my mom and I regretted it right away. I should have been studying but I was not. My story was not that big of a deal but, what if a life depended on my honesty? If I goofed off like I did before, then that would not be good. The moral of my story is to be honest and not to tell lies. Then, you can feel good about yourself and not get in trouble.

Is there anyone in the world who never told a lie? Can anyone not tell a lie in their whole life? Telling lies are good sometimes but, do it for a good cause. Do not just lie to get away with something you did. My story was very important to me and I learned a lot from something little. You could to if you look far and deep enough. I believe in honesty and not telling lies.