John Lennon: Make Peace Not War

Ryan - Wrightstown, New Jersey
Themes: peace

John Lennon: Make Peace Not War

When was the last time you got in a fight? The last time I got in one was about two years ago. That’s probably the last fight I’m going to be in for a long time. This is because after that day I decided that fist fights were unnecessary.

My last fist fight was with my neighbor down the street. It was on a cold December afternoon two years ago. We engaged in a pointless argument over something stupid. One thing led to another and next thing I know he was on the ground and I was punching him in the stomach. After the fight he was pretty banged up when he went home his parents found out what had happened. Then I got in trouble from his parents and my parents. This made me believe in peace not war and hate.

I believe the world is filled with to much hate and war. I believe if the world keeps running its course with all this hate and war there will be another world war and this time the consequences will be drastic. Fighting is the cause of poverty and debt. This is why I don’t believe in fighting with your hands but by using your words. Like John Lennon once said “Make Peace Not War.”

There are some times when fighting is absolutely necessary theses are the only times when I believe fighting is needed to a certain extent. I believe when the Twin Towers and the Pentagon were attacked was an appropriate time to fight. In addition I believe when a nation declares war on another is an appropriate time to fight. However I this is right only to a certain extent. For example America’s involvement in Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries I believe is wrong. I believe that eight years of pointless violence and killing is totally unnecessary.

In addition two people or countries fighting I don’t believe other people enter a situation like this unless it is necessary. I believe this because if someone else get involved then more people get mad at each other for joining sides with one and other. This leads to more aimless and absurd violence and maybe even killing. In conclusion I believe fighting is wrong and unnecessary. On the other hand if you are threatened or in danger I believe violence is okay to certain extent.