A New Myth For Mythbusters

Mekenzie - Chesterfield, New Jersey
Themes: question

I believe that nothing is fair and fairness doesn’t really exist. Being 13 years old with two sisters and a brother, I wish my life was fair. However, based on my own experiences and others I’ve learned about, I know nobody’s life is or ever will be fair.

If I listed every single thing that I said “isn’t fair,” in my life, I could write a book. For starters, when I found out I was moving, I begged my mom to find a house with five rooms so I could finally have my own. Instead, she got one with only and that definitely wasn’t fair.

One word: discrimination. Everyone in the world does it, whether they want to admit it or not. Whether it’s everyday discrimination at school or massive discrimination like the Holocaust, someone is always doing it.

I know by experience that it is really unfair to be stuck in the middle. I am in the middle of an older brother, an older sister, and a younger sister. I have always been picked on by all three of my siblings just because I am in the middle. Plus, they joke around with me because I am different. I happen to get better grades than my older siblings did when they were 13. It’s not fair for me to have to live with being picked on for being different, even if that’s what brothers and sisters do. But I accept it because I can’t change reality.

Beyond my mind, house, state, and country, there are billions of other people saying their life “isn’t fair.” But if you think about it, is anyone’s life really fair? What is fair? One thing that is “fair” to one person could be completely unfair to another. For example, my little sister gets a new iPod just because she wanted it. Did I get one? No and I don’t think it’s fair. But if you go up to my sister and ask what she says, she would say, “Yeah it’s fair. So what if she doesn’t get one, I did!” And that’s just how life is, and fairness can’t be told or explained.