Regrets

Nicholas - Columbus, New Jersey

Regrets

In my life there are many things that I regret. I believe that everyone has regrets some big some small.

One of my biggest regrets is pushing a kid of the jungle gym at my old elementary school when I was in kindergarten. We were outside in recess, and I was playing with my friend Robert and there was this kid Thomas. He was on top of the jungle gym throwing wood chips at me and my friend. I asked him to please stop several times but he never did. So then we started yelling at each other when he wasn’t looking I snuck under the Jungle Gym and carefully walked up the stairs to the platform he was standing on. Next I just pushed him off. It was a long fall and he ended up biting his tongue and it had two really big cuts on each side.

At first I was really mad at him for what he was doing. I regret pushing him off the instant he fell and began to cry. I felt really bad for him. I didn’t get in trouble because I lied and told the teachers that he slipped and fell. What I should have done was told the teacher what he was doing and everything would have been fine. Another option was to just walk away from the situation.

Either way I should have thought about what I was going to do before I did it. But then again no one really does that. It is your human instinct to just do. There are not many people that actually do that. I think that is a good quality to have. I am sure that people that can just wait like that and think do not have too many regrets.

Later on in the school year I knew that it would be best if I apologized to him. So of course I did. He said it was okay. But I still felt bad. So for lunch I bought him an ice-cream. Then he was really happy. By the end of the school year Thomas and I were really good friends and we always hung out together. Lie and regrets are something everyone has to live with. That’s why you should always tell the truth, and think before you do something.