The Missed Party

Marcus - Columbus, New Jersey
Themes: setbacks

It was Friday morning I woke up got dressed, ate and was ready to go to school. I was in an excited mood because tomorrow was John’s birthday party he was turning 14 years old. This party was supposed to be very good about 40 people including friends and family. After the day was over I came home and played my Xbox360 with John we talked about the party together with another group of people. I could not wait until Saturday so at 10:00pm I headed to sleep so it would just get the day out of the way.

When I woke up that morning it was from my parents they said, “Marcus are you ready to go to your aunt’s birthday party!” I was very confused I looked at my mom in an angry and confused face, wondering what in the world are you talking about? Has the conversation heated up between my mom and I she said it was my aunt’s birthday party today, even though I have been telling my mom about the part for days she refused to listen to me and forced me to go to the party. The worst part of this was to go you had to dress up I was not looking forward to this, 30mins later we headed into the car.

When we arrived the hotel where the party is located is in a hotel which our parents told we would be staying the night over at. When we checked out in got to our room thank god the room we were staying in was not terrible. After about 20 minutes of finishing getting ready a little bit. We headed over to the party all their was adults, my sister and I were the only kids their we knew this party was going to be crappy.

After, 1 hour their was no more of greeting family members and it was finally time to eat. After, we ate some delicious food my sister and I headed to the room hopped on to the computer and relaxed and eventually the party finally ended. Later we headed home and I had to tell my friends why I did not show up. But, I was not that angry because my friends explained to me that all they did was sit on the couch talk, and play rock band.