Brooke - Bellows Falls, Vermont

“In This Bright Future, You Can’t Forget the Past”- Bob Marley

“I believe that in this bright future, you can’t forget the past.”-Bob Marley. My past is what makes me who I am, and quite often adults and I included forget that. My future is full of bright, exciting and new adventures, and even though I won’t be with my friends or family I know that I won’t forget where I came from or all of the good, or even bad memories.

When I went to high school everything changed.

I made new friends and my old ones seemed to be slowly fading away. I realized that no matter how distant they seemed, I would always have them in my memories and know that they were a part of my past.

Without my past I might not make it to my bright future. My past is a huge part of my life. My friends, family, teachers and travels have really had an impact of me and made it so I can have a bright future without forgetting my past.

I know that when I grow old, I will think back to the days of my youth. I’ll remember how the dress I wore for my junior prom was royal blue with gems or my freshman homecoming dance and know that all the years leading up to that one point had really made me who I was and who I still am today.

My past can be the greatest thing in my life or the worst experience I have ever had. I believe that if you have a horrible past that you can grow up to make yourself have an amazing future, but never forget the past experiences that guided you this far.

I know that without my past, I would have never made it this far. I’m 17, almost 18 years old and I am going to be heading off to college. I will be away from home and all of the familiar surroundings I’m used to. I have to remember my past so it can lead me to this bright future that is ahead of me.