My Savior

Meghin - Chesterfield, New Jersey
Themes: family, gratitude

I believe that there is always a savior in life. My Dad is my savior.

Ever since I was Seven I have been living with my dad. He took us from our mom’s house when she couldn’t take care of us; he didn’t even have a staircase to get up stairs to the bedrooms but he quickly got that fixed. He sacrificed everything to take care of us. If you were to define him in one word it would be inspirational. I remember when I was chubby and little. Every Saturday morning he would wake me up, stroke my stringy hair out of my face, and serve me a delicious ham sandwich filled with Kraft cheese and ham from the deli on the corner, and a refreshing drink of orange juice with a green straw bent at the top for my convenience. I would sit on my cozy bed munching on that ham sandwich and slurping on my drink watching my favorite show, Rugrats every Saturday morning.

Now I think back to the past and I realize you never know what is going to happen until it happens. My dad was my savior; he saved my mom from not having to get into a bad place because she had too many people living in her house. He especially was a savior to my brothers and I. He took care of us, even when he couldn’t. To this day I think I’m a better person because of him; I’m more willing to help people in their time of need. Even if it just to tie my little sister’s shoes, or be my brother’s work out buddy when his friend quits on him.

I’ve really learned an important lesson in life. Always help. Trust me, the feeling of greatness you get after helping someone is so amazing, you start to get this tingling feeling all down your spine; it feels like you belong there, and you’re wanted. I never felt that feeling until I lived with my dad. I bet he feels like that everyday, like I do.

When I grow up I want to be just like him, just in girl form. You will start to feel the same way when you meet someone who’s your savior. You just want to do all the things they do, maybe even better. Who is your savior? Its okay if you have don’t have one, you will soon discover them. In your life time you will find them. Just don’t go looking for a savior; they will come to you, maybe you will be someone’s savior.