love of a parent

Tiare - Wrightstown, New Jersey

Love of a Parent

I believe in parents wanting better things for their child. I found that out not too long ago.

Parents want good things for their children, maybe not all the parents, but I know mine do. We teens sometimes say or think “My parents don’t understand me” or “My parents are so unfair!” But the truth is we are the ones that are unfair. From our perspective, it may seem unfair or misunderstanding, from our parents’ perspective, it’s the right thing.

The reason we have a curfew is really simple .A parents’ worst nightmare is having their kids being taken away or being in danger. That’s why they always tell us to come in time or call them when we are finished going out with friends. We might grounded for being fifteen minutes late, but we have to understand it’s for our own good.

Let me tell you something, as I was growing older, the more responsibilities I had. One of those responsibilities is having good grades in all my classes. When I got my first D on my report card I thought, this isn’t too bad, but when my Dad and Mom saw it, they were mad. I didn’t get it at first, a then my Dad gave me a serious talk with me. He said “Your grades are very important to me because they will be important to you in the future. Right now, I know you may be thinking, whatever or who cares, but I care. This will depend on your future.”

Before, I never thought that my grades were really that important, but now, I know I know they are. I’m in 8th grade right now, so it’s a big thing for me to get the best grades I can get. Algebra, I’m not doing so well. My parents may seem to be pressuring me by making me study a lot every day and saying that if I don’t get a good grade, I might get held back. It makes me feel very anxious and stressed, but I know what will happen if I don’t do well in school.

As I said before, we teens might think that our parents are very unfair and that they don’t understand us, but we don’t think about our grades. We don’t think about the future because our parents take care of us, we think that they are going to take care of us till the end. The scary thing is that we are going to grow up whether we like it or not. Our parents are preparing us for day we get out of the house and find a place of our own in the world. Until that day, I will enjoy the time I have with my parents and try to understand