Battle of the Rason

Alexa - Columbus, New Jersey
Themes: purpose

I believe that everything happens for a reason. This I believe because when I was in third grade I was put on a battle of the books team. I was so excited about getting to be on a team with all of my friends who I put down on my list. As we were finding out our teams I had a group of names of kids who I wasn’t good friends with. I was very upset when I saw these names even though I wasn’t mad as well as very upset I was also disappointed. After the competition started I found that my team was not the best but we weren’t the worst, so as our practicing went on I learned that if we kept on task we could become a little better with each book each one of the other four third graders read on the team.

Finally when the day came that the actual competition of battle of the books happened we were all super excited. We got through the first round with a tied amount of points for second. The second round started and we got a few of the questions right, we didn’t beat the first place, or stay in second. We ended up coming in third out of the five other teams that were made up of the rest of the third grades student body. Even though we didn’t win the team I was on was able to have a good time and we are still good friends and we barely even knew each other at the beginning.

Now that I have had this experience I have since believed that everything happens for a reason. I was just a third grader who was put on a team without anybody I knew, and I got a lifelong lesson that I can take with me for the rest of my life. I believe that everything does happen and sometimes it is a good thing, and even if it does not have a great outcome there is always something else that will happen because of it. This I believe is a very important lesson.